Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Dtxpolorer Drum Set

I remember that day, the day i got my Drum Set. I was jumping around while the men who delivered the Drum set unpackaged and set it up. I would stay by the Yamaha employees, seeing exactly what they were doing. I kept reading the manual over and over again. I was eager to play it. I was eager to play an electric drum set for the first time in my life. My heart was pumping, I had spent nearly an hour and half just staring at the yet to be finished drum set. And as they finished setting the drum set up, I was running around the whole house with a big smile on my face.

The picture on the right is my Yamaha Dtxplorer Drum Set. Ever since I was young, I used to hit, tap, or clash items that would make an interesting sound all together. When I got older, I started to play the drums and it was soon after that I got my drum set. An electric drum set which you can play a song on so you could play a beat to match with the song. Different types of kits so you could make different sounds.

Even if now I could name a few flaws of an electric drum set, I felt that when I first got it, it was perfect. I would play it everyday and discovering something new everyday. Music is a big part of me and seeing that I can create music fills me great joy.

4 comments:

TT2 said...

Nice! I really want one of those... but there isn't enough room in my house. When I was 6, my neighbor across the street had one, and I discovered the joy of electric drums. It does create joy to know that you can create your own music. For example, when I got my trumpet, I loved it so much and took very good care of it.

Alan

nahal_a said...

I liked how you explained the different sounds it makes.
It was good how you ended you piece by saying how much you enjoy playing the drums.

Nahal

Iz said...

Mj, I like how you describe your drum set using your childhood memories and I like how you ended your sentence.

Iz

AW said...

I love your title quote MinJe which is from Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night': a great play that I hope some day you'll read!Your title and your favorite object really do link together. I now understand why music is such a passion and joy in your life.